I have been to Dubai a few times, and got back to the same hotel every time. In Dubai, you will most likely use the metro all the time, so getting a hotel by a metro station is quite an important thing (unless you want to walk in 45°C). Although this hotel is “only” a 3-star hotel, in Dubai you don´t have to worry about it.
Regal Plaza Hotel Dubai ***
What is worth to visit near Regal Plaza Hotel?
– Dubai museum (10 minute walk)
– Meena Bazaar (10 minute walk)
– Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (15 minute walk)
– Bastakia Quarter (15 minute walk)
– Brain Game Dubai (15 minute walk)
– Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood (10 minute walk)
– Grand Mosque (10 minute walk)
– Coffee museum (10 minute walk)
A HUGE advantage is, that the Al-Fahidi Metro Station is right infront of the hotel. Literally.
The hotel has and outdoor swimming pool, free wifi, restaurants (breakfast in included in the price), a couple of night clubs, gym and welness, bunch of markets and shops by the hotel.. You can read more on http://www.regalplazahoteldubai.net/